Highlander Union Building Plaza

Highlander Union Building FAQs

  • What are the Highlander Union Bulding's hours of operation?


    Special Operating Hours for Veteran's Day Weekend (11/9-11/12)

    Friday, November 9th: Normal Operating Hours (8am-11pm)
    Saturday, November 10th: Normal Operating Hours (8am-11pm)
    Sunday, November 11th: 11am-5pm
    Monday, November 12th: Building Closed
    Tuesday, November 13th: Resume Normal Operating Hours

    HIGHLANDER UNION BUILDING (Normal Academic Year)
    MONDAY - FRIDAY 8:00 AM - 11:00 PM
    SATURDAY 8:00 AM - 11:00 PM
    SUNDAY 11:00 AM - 11:00 PM
    HUB INFORMATION DESK (Normal Academic Year)
    MONDAY - THURSDAY 9:00 AM - 8:00 PM
    FRIDAY 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
    MONDAY - THURSDAY 7:30 AM - 10:00 PM
    FRIDAY 7:30 AM - 7:00 PM

    Please Note: Building hours are subject to change when appropriate.

  • Can I purchase food at the HUB?

    The HUB has many dining options to please a wide range of palates, including Subway, Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf, Panda Express, Hibachi-San Japanese Kitchen, The Habit, La Fiamma, Chronic Tacos, HUB-2-Go, and Scotty's Convenience Store.

    For updated menus and dining hours, please visit the website:

  • Are there ATMs in the HUB?

    Yes. Chase, Bank of America, Wells Fargo and SchoolsFirst Federal Credit Union have ATMs that are located on exterior walls. The Bank of America ATM is next to the entrance to Latitude Fifty-Five. The others are on the lower mall, across from Scotty's.

  • Where is your Lost & Found?

    If you are looking for lost property, you may check at the HUB Administration Office on the third floor in HUB 353.

    If you find someone elses property in the HUB, please be considerate and bring it to the HUB Administration Office (HUB 353). The UCR Police Department serves as the main steward of Lost & Found items and we transfer valuable items to them as soon as possible.

    Click here for more information.

  • Where can I get a cup of coffee?

    If you need a jolt to make it through the next chapter, visit the Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf on the upper mall patio. They have plenty of other tempting items on their menu too. Java City coffee is also available at Scotty’s on the lower mall.

  • Do you have a place that I can play pool?

    Yes, Latitude Fifty-Five has three tournament size pool tables. You can check out pool equipment with your UCR ID at the Gaming Bar. We also have a great selection of Xbox video games, a foosball table, dart board, and board games like Life, Taboo and Mahjong.

  • Is there wireless Internet access for my computer?

    The Union has extensive Wi-Fi service on the campus network. A UCR Net ID is necessary to login and access the network. Campus Wi-Fi is not available to the general public and/or guests of the University.

  • Do you have a computer I can use?

    Yes, the HUB Information Desk and Latitude Fifty-Five have laptops available for students to check out with a UCR ID for 2 hours. The laptops may only be used in the HUB which includes the main building, Costo Hall, HUB plaza, Latitude Fifty-Five, Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf, Campus Store and the upper mall area.

  • Is there anywhere I can charge my phone?

    Yes, the HUB Information Desk has Lightning, Micro USB, and 30-pin charging cables for some of the more popular cell phones available today. Like laptops, charging cables are available for students to check out with a UCR ID for 2 hours, and may only be used within the HUB complex.

  • Where can I mail something?

    Mail Services can be found in their office located in the Printing & Reprographics modular (Behind Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf) Monday through Friday from 8:00AM-5:00PM.

  • Can I get an escort to walk with me at night?

    The Campus Safety Escort Service operates from the Highlander Union Information Desk in the evening. You may walk up to the desk and ask for an escort directly or call (951) 827-3772 for assistance.

  • Are pets allowed in the HUB?

    As cute as pets can be, they are not permitted inside any campus building, including the HUB. Of course, police, guide, signal and service dogs may be used in accordance with state codes and campus policies. For additional information see Campus Policy No. 850-38.

  • Where can I take a passport photo?

    There are currently no facilities on campus to take passport photos. Applications and photos can be taken at the US Post Office on 4150 Chicago Avenue. Photo services are also available at the UPS Store in the Canyon Crest Towne Centre on the corner of Canyon Crest and Central Ave.

  • Is there anywhere I can print?

    Bear Help, located at the HUB Information Desk, can assist registered UCR students with their printing needs.  Registered UCR students receive a print quota of 200 pages per quarter via the WebPrinting Service, PawPrint.  Bear Help also provides basic computer assistance as well as help with UCR student accounts.

  • Where can I get additional information about the HUB?

    The HUB Information Desk is the place to visit for the latest updates on events and programs taking place in the Union as well as general campus information, campus maps and transportation schedules.