Services and Policies

  • ATMs

    The HUB has Chase, Bank of America, Wells Fargo and SchoolsFirst Federal Credit Union ATMs that are located on the lower level of the HUB (next to the Bear's Den). The Bank of America ATM is next to the entrance to Latitude Fifty-Five.

  • Food Venues

    2020-2021 Status Update: All food vendors at the HUB are closed until further notice. Please visit for the latest information. 

    The HUB has many dining options to please a wide range of palates — Subway, Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf, Panda Express, Hibachi-San Japanese Kitchen, The Habit Burger Grill, MOD Pizza, Chronic Tacos, Crate (Catering) and Scotty's Convenience Store.

    For updated menus and dining hours, please visit the Dining Services website.

  • Hours of Operation
    HIGHLANDER UNION BUILDING (Normal Academic Year)
    MONDAY–FRIDAY 8 a.m.–11 p.m.
    SATURDAY 8 a.m.–11 p.m.
    SUNDAY 11 a.m.–11 p.m.
    HUB INFORMATION DESK (Normal Academic Year)
    MONDAY–THURSDAY 9 a.m.– 8 p.m.
    FRIDAY 9 a.m.–5 p.m.
    MONDAY–THURSDAY 7:30 a.m.–10 p.m.
    FRIDAY 7:30 a.m.–7 p.m.

    Please Note: Building hours are subject to change when appropriate.

    2020-2021 Status Update: The HUB is closed until further notice. Please visit for the latest information.

  • Laptop Checkout Kiosks

    2020-2021 Status Update: The HUB is currently closed and laptop kiosks are not available at this time. Please visit for the latest information. Need a laptop? Click here to learn more about the Loan2Learn program.

    The HUB has partnered with UCR Information Technology Solutions (ITS) to host two laptop checkout kiosks in the HUB 1st floor lobby. We have a total of 60 laptops (24 Macbooks and 36 Dell Latitudes). Students can swipe their R'Card to take out a laptop and can keep the device for up to 24 hours. Laptops taken from the HUB 1st Floor Lobby need to be returned there as well. 


  • Latitude Fifty-Five Games/Pool Tables

    2020-2021 Status Update: Latitude Fifty-Five is closed until further notice. Please visit for the latest information.

    Latitude Fifty-Five has three tournament size pool tables. You can check out pool equipment with your UCR ID at the Gaming Bar. We also have a great selection of Xbox video games, a foosball table, dart board and board games like Life, Taboo and Mahjong.

  • Pets

    Pets are not permitted inside any campus building, including the HUB. Police, guide, signal and service dogs may be used in accordance with state codes and campus policies. For additional information, read Campus Policy No. 850-38.

  • Safety Escort Program

    2020-2021 Update: Campus Safety Escort Services are suspended at the HUB until further notice. Please visit for the latest information.

    The Campus Safety Escort Service operates from the HUB Information Desk in the evening. You may walk up to the desk and ask for an escort directly or call (951) 827-3772 for assistance.

  • Table, Chair and Charger Rentals

    2020-2021 Status Update: The HUB is currently closed. Please visit for the latest information.

    The HUB 1st Floor Lobby Information Desk has tables and chairs available for checkout by current UCR students on behalf of active organizations that they are a member of.  Students can check out one table and two chairs for tabling purposes near the Bell Tower.  We also have lightning, micro USB and 30-pin charging cables for some of the more popular cell phones available today. Charging cables are available for students to check out with a UCR ID for two hours and may only be used within the HUB complex. All items rented from the Information Desk must be returned the same day they are checked out.

  • UCR is Tobacco Free

    As of January 2nd, 2014, UC Riverside became a smoke/tobacco-free campus. This policy prohibits smoking and the use of any tobacco product (including e-cigarettes) on all University Controlled Properties. For more information, please click here.

  • Wepa Print Stations

    2020-2021 Update: The HUB is currently closed. Please visit for the latest information.

    We have three Wepa printing stations located at the HUB. There are two in the 1st floor lobby and one on the 3rd floor (near HUB 302). These devices are managed by UCR's Information Technology Solutions (ITS) department. Want to know more? Click here!

  • Wireless Access

    The HUB has extensive Wi-Fi service on the campus network. A UCR Net ID is necessary to login and access the network. Campus Wi-Fi is not available to the general public and/or guests of the university.